Visual content is one of your most powerful tools for attracting new customers and generating business. Nothing activates the human brain or inspires emotion like visual content. Using visual content strategically can boost your business and improve your conversion rates can help your website realize its full potential.
Create a Hierarchy
Humans naturally process visual information in order of importance. Most people prioritize visual information in this way: moving images capture attention first, big images are looked at before small images, colorful pictures capture attention over black and white images and human faces are studied before inanimate objects.
Understanding this hierarchy, the visual content on your website can be used to guide your users around the page. What do you want visitors to your website to see first? What should they look at second? Prioritizing the information on your page can help you decide which pictures to use, how big those pictures should be, whether or not they should be in color and so on.
Use Less Text, More Images
It’s true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Website text is merely scanned, while visual imagery captures the attention of most website users right away. Paring down the text on your website and conveying information with pictures and iconography can help keep users exploring your website.
Use Videos to Convey Complex Ideas
Some ideas are too complex to realistically put into pictures. In cases like this, video can help. Use videos to:
- Give a more detailed view of your product.
- Provide customers with tutorials.
- Tour the grounds where your business or company is located.
- Deliver a message to visitors of your website.
- Display company or organizational successes.
Use Pictures to Create Human Connections
Many people would prefer to shop at a store or join an organization with which they feel a personal connection. Think of your website as a portal that leads from the outside world into your business. Giving web users a glimpse into your company’s world can help humanize your staff and build connections between employees and customers.
- Post a company directory with pictures. Customers who call your business or interact with members of your team by phone will feel more connected if they can picture the person on the other end of the line.
- Use real pictures of your store or business to decorate your website. Real pictures of your building, employees and customers make an impact on visitors to your website. To take this a step further, consider using captions to identify the people in the pictures you post. While captions are not always appropriate, they can help your customers create a more detailed mental picture of your business.
- Avoid stock photos. Stock photography has a generic quality that most customers identify instantly. These pictures have less value and do less for your business than pictures of real employees.
Work With an Expert
ProFromGo offers Internet marketing solutions to local businesses and organizations. As a professional online marketing partner, we work with your business to address all design, development, SEO, and social media needs. We’ll use our inside knowledge and skill to improve your conversion rate and boost your business. For more information, contact us at (412) 530-5027.