If you have a business with a website, you might think a lot about content engagement. Good content engagement is a sign of a website's success, and can contribute to the overall success of your business.
However, if you're new in business and haven't yet worked with a marketing professional, you might not be aware of what content engagement is and why it's so important. Knowing the answers to these questions can help you build a strong customer base and a loyal client following.
What is content engagement?
Content engagement is the ability of your website's content to draw visitors and keep them lingering on your website. Content engagement can take many forms. When visitors read your content, click on links, explore different pages and repost your page on their social media, this is content engagement. The more engaged a visitor is, the more likely it is that the visitor will become a customer. Engaging content can also help turn one-time customers into loyal consumers.
Why is content engagement so important?
Content engagement is key to marketing success. Websites that achieve good content engagement can reach larger audiences and can make a bigger difference in your business.
- Content engagement gets people thinking about your brand. Engaging content doesn't just sell products or services, it also helps build brand awareness.
- Content engagement encourages customer loyalty. Customers who feel engaged are more likely to come back for more at a later time.
- Engaging content is more likely to be shared and discussed. Customers who share content from your website help spread the word about your brand.
Ok, so how do you encourage content engagement?
While there's no silver bullet for creating engaging content, these best practices can help.
- Cite numbers and statistics. Statistics give content authority, which makes it more likely that visitors to your site will pay attention.
- Speed up load times. People can have short attention spans, especially when surfing the Internet. Sites that load faster are more likely to be seen and looked at by curious visitors. Work with your web designer to speed up load times for your customers.
- Encourage comments. Put a comment box in a convenient location at the bottom of each article on your business's blog. Read the comments as they're posted, and respond when appropriate.
- Make sharing easy. Posting buttons for sharing your pages on social media makes it easier for people to engage with your content.
- Maintain excellence. Post polished, well-edited content to ensure people will want to read what you have to say.
- Ask questions. Asking questions of readers gives them a chance to engage directly with your company and share their thoughts.
- Keep your site up to date. Leaving old information posted to your site makes it seem abandoned. Keep all content up to date with the latest information.
Work With a Professional
Many businesses struggle to generate engaging content for customers. Working with a professional can help. At ProFromGo, we help businesses engage with customers and generate more customers over time. To get started creating engaging content for your customers, contact ProFromGo today. As a digital marketing company, we can help your business grow its presence online.